High-end vintage: a fast-growing trend between design and high fashion
The world of quality vintage has become increasingly popular in recent years, thanks to the growing demand for iconic design objects and high fashion second-hand. Collecting these items has become a real passion for many people, looking for items and objects steeped in history that satisfy their need for beauty.
Lamps, chairs, tables, wall clocks and accessories have become increasingly popular among interior design enthusiasts who seek to create a unique and elegant atmosphere in their homes.
These truly iconic works of design created by great designers such as Charles and Ray Eames, Arne Jacobsen, Gio Ponti, and many others have become highly coveted because they transfer their uniqueness and beauty to their surroundings.
Even in the world of high fashion, there is a growing demand for second-hand clothes and accessories from luxury fashion houses such as Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, and Prada. Haute couture clothing and accessories are considered true pieces of art, with fine fabrics and craftsmanship of the highest standard.
But what drives us to seek and purchase these items?
Entering the world of quality vintage is a way to own unique, high-quality items with a history and value that goes beyond mere aesthetics. Each piece is unique and represents one of the history of design and fashion; it mirrors the times and human knowledge.
Here is a sampling of some pieces that have made design history and have since influenced and inspired the creation of countless quality products.
- The Eames Lounge Chair: designed by Charles and Ray Eames in 1956, it is one of the most famous and recognizable chairs in design history. It was designed to be a comfortable and luxurious chair, and today it is considered a modern design classic.
- The Arco lamp by Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni: designed in 1962, the Arco lamp is one of the greatest examples of Italian design. With its elegant and functional form, this lamp was one of the first to use the arch as a base to support the lamp itself.
- The Tulip dining table: designed by Eero Saarinen in 1956, the Saarinen dining table is one of the most famous and recognizable modern tables. Its sleek, minimalist design has made this table an icon of modern design.
- George Nelson’s Marshmallow sofa: designed in 1956, the Marshmallow sofa is one of the most iconic design pieces of the 1950s. Its cube-shaped structure and colorful, circular cushions make it a unique and recognizable piece.
- The Barcelona armchair by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe: designed in 1929, the Barcelona armchair is one of the most famous examples of modern design. With its sleek, minimalist shape and chrome-plated steel frame, this armchair has become an icon of modern design.
As for high fashion, on the other hand, we can list some real style icons
- The Birkin bag by Hermès: Created in 1984, the Birkin bag is one of the most iconic and recognizable bags in the fashion world. Made of calfskin or alligator leather, it features a stylish and functional design with a snap closure and a long shoulder strap.
- Christian Louboutin’s Decolleté shoes: with their distinctive red stiletto heel, Christian Louboutin’s Decolleté shoes have become an icon in the fashion world. Available in a variety of colors and fabrics, these shoes are considered a must-have for every fashionista.
- Burberry’s trench coat: the Burberry trench coat was created in the 1920s and has since become a women’s wardrobe classic. With its elegant and functional shape, the trench coat is a versatile and timeless piece of clothing.
- The Chanel black dress: created by Coco Chanel in the 1920s, the Chanel black dress is a classic in women’s wardrobe. Characterized by its simple and elegant design, it has been described by Vogue as “a timeless symbol of style” and is made iconic by the elegance of Audrey Hepburn.
- Chanel’s 2.55 bag: created in 1955, Chanel’s 2.55 bag is one of the most iconic bags in fashion. Featuring its gold chain and Chanel logo snap closure, this bag has become a must-have for every fashionista.